Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sample schedule for the 3-weeks (Nov 6-23, 2012)

Schedule:

I am frequently asked, “What is our schedule like on the field?”  To which I reply, “What do you mean?”  and I get a response such as, “What does your average day look like?  What do you do?”  I don’t have a clue where to begin, but for the three weeks (Nov 6-23), we had a rigid schedule, so I thought I’d list it for your curiosity.   Keep in mind we do squeeze in time for the essential things like, preparing the coffee, visiting the restroom, showering, and brushing tooth, etc.

 

Here is George’s schedule: Week Day Schedule, weekend schedule is different.

3:30 a.m.  Get up to begin my day. This is without help from an alarm and so is from 3-4, but usually around 3:30.

3:30 – 4:30 Prayer and devotions

4:30 – 6:00 Work on Class Preparations, preparing for teaching.

6:30 Breakfast together,

7:00 – 8:15 Grade class work, do laundry if needed, etc.

8:30 – 12 noon Teach Bible College Course - Johannine Literature Class

12 – 1 Lunch prepare for the next class.

1 – 2:30 Teach Bible College Course - History and Polity Class

2:30 – 4:30 Take a nap

4:30 – 5 Time together

5 – 8:00 Writing lesson (With District Assembly and then trip to Vella la Vella I only had 7 of the 15 lessons written prior to start of class.)

8 – 10 Supper/relax/ time with wife/ or time for students to talk with.

Goal is to get to bed by 10:30, earlier if possible, so I can get an early start the next day.

 

And now here’s Nancy’s

4:35 Get up to begin my day after the snooze goes off one time.

4:35 – 6:00 Devotions, preparations for teaching

6:00 every other day I have to go to school and collect water before the city water goes off at 7 a.m. or so. (The water only comes every other night from about 3-7 a.m.)

6:30 Breakfast together,

7:00 – 3:00 Zion Christian Academy where I am principal.

3:00 I Take off early from ZCA to prepare for teaching at the Bible College.

3 – 4:30 Preparation for teaching

4:30 – 5 Time together

5 – 8:00 Teaching of Bible College course - Life and Teaching of Jesus Christ.

8 – 10 Supper/relax/ time with husband/ or time for students to talk with.

Goal is to get to bed by 10:30, earlier if possible, so I can get an early start the next day.

 

I trust you enjoyed that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment