Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prayer update (Mar8/08)

Dear Prayer Partners,

Thank you for your Prayers.

 

We have just finished the 2 ½ week Bible College block courses.  Nancy taught Christian Education and had 20 students.  I had 9 student in my Old Testament Survey Class.  Classes went well but now that it is over we feel drained. 

 

We have an education board meeting this morning.  I got up and soon thereafter the power went off.  It had been fairly good until recently then they ran an article in the News Paper that the electric company installed a new generator and power cuts would now be "a thing of the past."  Since then well let's just say it seems like it has definitely not improved.  Anyway pray for our education board meeting.  We are interviewing teachers today and I want you to pray that we will find good dedicated teachers who have a personal relationship with Christ.

 

After all this, we're planning on taking the day off Monday and get away from phones, door bells, etc. etc.  We'll just go to the beach and relax. 

 

Our road was fixed or at least graded and they brought in some choral mix.  It is easy getting up our hill now.  Thanks for your prayers.

 

Pray for me as now I am awaiting a ship to travel to Makira island to check on a church there.  There are some issues there that I really need you to bathe in prayer.  I am really concerned and under a burden from some of the trends in our churches here.  I should be able to go next week but the ship as of now has not posted a schedule, so I'm not really sure what that means.

 

Then 21st of March, Good Friday, we (Nancy and I) are travelling to Malaita and for a wedding and then I'll stay in Mailaita for another week, visiting two churches.  I'll be going to NE Malaita where I will be taking a pastor for one of our churches there and meet with the church and board.  Then I'll visit another new church on South Malaita where I have another problem.  

 

Pray for a holiness revival among our churches.

 

Continue to pray for Geoffrey and Churie (our son and daughter-in-law) as they prepare to come to the Solomon Islands to help us.

 

Pray for James Johnson, Harmon Schmelzenbach, and Becky Morsch, as they are visiting the SI in May.  We are traveling to the Western Province to do an investigative trip to see how CBHC can be involved there, and how we can be effective with our ministry into the Western Province.  We have two villages with a Nazarene Church and we plan to visit both of these.

 

Pray for the Australian YIM team coming end of June for our Youth Camp.

 

Your partner in His Ministry,

George Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment