Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update (Jan23/08)

Dear Prayer Supporters,

 

Thank you for your prayers especially this past week during our Jesus Film meeting.

 

Our Jesus Film team is facing a crisis and we need God's direction and leadership.  It appears we will be reducing the number of teams and re-focus on discipleship and follow-up.  Pray for our teams in the Solomon Islands.

 

One of our team leaders has been accused of inappropriate actions toward the opposite sex.  This team member has a real passion for the lost and easily communicates his faith.  I'm not sure if he's guilty, but pray for him and the Jesus Film team.  Pray for me to have wisdom as I try to get at the truth.

 

This week I am going to Malaita.  I have some issues there with a couple of churches that are not pleasant.  I need God's wisdom to carry me through.  Jimmy Kwaisui, our Jesus Film Coordinator, and I are planning on leaving on Friday for Malaita.  Pray for available transport, as today I'm going to town and will try to book passage on a ship.  I will be holding meetings with one church, take back the Jesus Film equipment from there, and talk with other churches as time allows.  All of these meetings and our going needs to be bathed in pray.  Please help Jimmy and I with your prayers.   Without giving the details I am really carrying a heavy burden for this area of the country.  I plan to return on Tuesday.

 

The rains have continued and continued.  Our road hasn't improved and our "Solar Clothes Drier" [otherwise known as a clothes line] doesn't work well with constant rain.  Today we're going to town to take care of pressing immigration business, etc, etc.  We still have unfinished paper work from the meetings, that we are working on and needs to be finished before my departure on Friday.

 

Your partners in His Ministry,

George Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment